The trend in properties of periodic table while crossing from top to bottom in groups as follows:
1. The atomic number of elements increases by one unit.
2. The atomic weight is increases.
3. The atomic size and volumes decreases.
4. Electro positively is decreases and electro negativity is increases.
5. Metallic character decreases and non-metallic character increases.
6. The ionization potential increases.
7. The electron affinity of elements increases.
8. The melting points and boiling points of elements decreases.
9. The elements of a period all contain same number of energy levels.